Feb 16, 2009

Little Guy, Big Mind

Reading over this entry, it seems kind of dry. I really wanted to blog this thought that occurred to me tonight, though.

Tonight, I enjoyed coloring with Seth. As I watched my 3 year old guy color, I was fascinated by how smart he seems. I really enjoyed watching how intently he studied the lines and tried his hardest to stay within them. It occurred to me, that even though I have a house full of boys, it has been 13 years since I sat and colored with a 3 year old. Chase was 5 when I married his daddy, and Trent was not like a regular 3 year old.

Coloring with Seth tonight reminded me of playing with Aaron and Trevor when they were little. It was a bitter sweet moment, reminding me of how much Trent struggled with learning and how much he skipped as a little guy. But, it was also a telling moment of how Seth is so smart and normal.

In fact, watching Seth grow, I see that even at 3 he has outgrown Trent and Rob in so many ways. I believe as he grows he will continue to outgrow them. The dynamics of a family with a toddler and two older children that have learning disorders is interesting at the least. While Seth is smaller and has not experienced what the older boys have in life, he already seems wiser in conversation and sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment